Everyone loves sparkling white teeth for that picture-perfect smile. Looking at celebrities and Hollywood stars, you wonder how they attain and keep up with that. Well, it’s quite easy; that’s if you can keep up with the dos and don’ts of oral hygiene. People resort to all types of things for healthy white teeth. Some go for laser treatment and whitening strips.
These methods, however, can damage the enamel and increase sensitivity, sometimes even causing cavities in the teeth, which can later lead to tooth decay. There are many ways on how to whiten teeth naturally, some show results within a few days, and others take a while.
Foods to avoid for healthy teeth
- Most problems associated with teeth yellowing or discoloration, are caused by eating the wrong foods. In the quest for diamond-bright teeth, some specific foods and drinks need to be avoided.
- Candies and foods with high sugar content- too much sugar can cause teeth erosion; wearing of the enamel. As such, it paves the way for microorganisms, which can disrupt the natural appearance of your teeth.
Say no to colored drinks and foods- such as coffee, red wine, berries, and dark soda because they can stain the teeth. Also, the high acidic content of wine and dark soda wears out the tooth enamel (just like sugar), which further leads to discoloration.
- Avoid acidic foods- acids have pretty much the same effects as sugars on the tooth enamel. Though acids and sugars can’t entirely be avoided, reducing acid intake can help a great deal in getting that selfie perfect smile.
How to keep your teeth sparkling white and healthy
Whitening already stained teeth could seem like a pretty hard task. However, there are many natural ways to keep your teeth sparkly white and healthy without using harsh chemicals. Here are a few natural tips on how to keep your teeth clean and white.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda and rinse with warm water every night after regular brushing. Baking soda is a known natural bleaching agent; it helps whiten teeth and reduces plaque formation.
- Oil pulling with coconut oil or olive oil improves oral hygiene by removing food remains and killing microbial cells.
- Eating food rich in calcium can fill up cavities and decrease the rate of tooth decay. Foods like milk, broccoli, and cheese have high amounts of calcium which strengthens the tooth enamel, thus preventing tooth erosion.
- Brushing the teeth at twice a day and flossing at least once is an excellent way to keep them white naturally. Oral hygiene is a preliminary approach to clean and sparkly teeth.
- Avoid using activated charcoal, lime, lemon, and apple cider vinegar as teeth whitening agents. Though they give desired results, they, however, can hurt the teeth and gums leading to gingivitis and other oral problems.
There are many natural substances “claimed” to have whitening effects on the teeth. Some of them don’t work while others are not healthy and have negative effects on your teeth and gums. Consult Dr. Robert Don or your dentist before applying anything that hasn’t been approved by the FDA.
0 comments on “Tips on How You Can Keep Your Teeth Sparkling Clean”