Are you worried about your cracked tooth? Dr. Robert Don in Irvine California can get it repaired immediately to prevent further damage.
A common dental problem that is prevalent among most patients is a cracked or broken tooth. Cracked teeth are really easy to get but difficult to endure. Pain, sensitivity, or disfigurement in a tooth are some common signs of a cracked tooth.
A possible solution is to visit Robert Don Dentistry in Irvine, California and get it treated immediately. The right treatment can effectively cure and even repair the tooth to appear as if it was in its original state.
What is a cracked tooth?
Whether it is caused by an injury or chewing on some hard candy, a broken tooth is common. It is identified by sharp edges or pain that is experienced in the affected area. There are five main kinds of tooth cracks that can occur. These are:
- Craze lines which affect only the outer enamel and are mostly physical. They cause no pain.
- Vertical root fracture that occurs at the root and extends to the surface and are often discovered due to the infection of the surrounding gum.
- Fractured cusp where the part of chewing surface breaks off, causing minimal pain.
- Split tooth is basically a tooth that has cracked a long time ago. It forms separated segments and cannot be kept intact during treatments.
- Teeth where the cracks extend from the surface to the roots and can result in loss of the teeth.
Why does a person experience cracked teeth?
There are multiple reasons why a person might experience cracked teeth. Some reasons for cracks includes:
- Stress caused from biting food really hard.
- Any trauma to the face that might damage the teeth and cause cracks.
- Presence of cavities that weaken the teeth.
- Fillings that fail to support the enamel of the tooth.
- Worn out tooth caused due to wear and tear over the years.
There are multiple treatments available for broken teeth that can be provided by Robert Don Dentistry. Some of these treatments are:
- Dental composite bonding where the dentist uses UV light to harden the composite. He then shapes and polishes it to make it look natural.
- Veneers that cover the tooth and hide the crack.
- Use of crowns to repair chewing surface.
- Root canal to treat cracks that extend to the pulp.
- Dental implants to repair untreatable cracks.
Why find the best cracked tooth dentist in Irvine, Orange County?
If you suspect having a cracked tooth, step into Robert Don Dentistry for restoration. Early detection can save your tooth from further damage and even restore its condition. If you go in for the treatment later, you might lose your tooth and must opt for dental implants.
Going in early will also restrict the infection and reduce your pain. With their years of experience, the dentistry will obviously be a better choice to drive your discomfort away. The dentists treat every patient with utmost compassion to make the treatment stress-free.
Experience a cure full of care at the hands of Robert Don Dentistry and save your smile!